The availability of high speed data connectivity and low storage costs have made the offsite storage of backup copies of information a viable option for some time now, but in many cases with some significant weakness.
Long recovery time – In some cases a customer using offsite backup storage would discover that if they ever needed to recover their system as a whole it would take several days, or even a week, to download or obtain a copy of that information, which renders the service practically useless.
Privacy – In other cases, customers found that their precious information was being stored overseas, in locations with different laws and practices, and this often caused them to breach Australian privacy laws in the process.
We are proud to offer our offsite backup storage service, CloudBackup, as a solution that provides a powerful and affordable alternative, without the weaknesses.
We recommend CloudBackup as a solution to supplement onsite backup storage and provide a recovery option in the event of a disaster that affects your office location.
We don’t believe that offsite backup storage should replace all other forms of backup storage. In fact, we recommend that you maintain your onsite backup storage systems so that if you need to restore your information at any time you can do so immediately, and without any reliance on an external connection or service. Typically, CloudBackup is deployed to replace arrangements where removable tapes or drives are rotated and stored each day.
CloudBackup is a powerful and simple solution that allows you to replicate snapshot copies of your systems to an offsite location, and to recover that information (quickly, in the event of an emergency!).
- It is powerful, but simple– We are able to configure and manage it for you so that at all times you can be sure that your offsite backups are safely stored, and available to you should you need them.
- Affordable, with no hidden costs – The service has an extremely simple cost structure – you pay for the amount of storage that you use each month. There are no charges to upload or download your information, at any time.
- Your data stays in Australia – You can elect to have your backup information replicated to secure datacentres in Perth or Melbourne, whichever location suits you best.
- Flexible – You can upload whatever types of backup files you like. The service has specific integration with the StorageCraft and Veeam backup applications.
- Responsive support – The support we provide is in turn supported by the response team behind Probax, who have been offering offsite backup solutions in Australia since 2005.